The San Antonio Wheelmen Bicycle Club is joining Earn-A-Bike to put on a fundraising ride to benefit Earn-A-Bike, a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing obesity-related diseases and inspiring healthy life habits.
This new ride, the Wheelmen 100, will take place on Saturday, September 29th, at Texas Pride Barbecue.
You’ll begin your day at Texas Pride Barbecue, where you’ll pick up your packet and get ready for your ride. After the ride, hang around for the BBQ and music.
Registration opens on July 1st. The initial registration fee is $45. It will increase to $55 on August 1st. On-site registration is $60.
You can either register online or complete our registration PDF, print it, and mail it to us.
The routes will be marked by color-coded arrows on the road.
- Red route: 10 miles - the family route.
- Yellow route: 25 miles
- Blue route: 30 miles
- Green route: 65 miles
- Orange route: 102 miles
We provide two navigational methods for the Wheelmen 100:
- Paper maps and cue sheets will be included in the registration packages distributed at packet pick-up.
- On-route directions: Color-coded arrows matching the paper maps will be placed on the roads before and at all turns. We highly recommend that you also carry the paper map because, in the event of rain, the arrows can be washed away.
There is a third method for navigation. If you have a GPS cycling computer, you can download your route to your cycling computer. Please leverage ridewithgps.com for details and instructions. We do not provide support for this method.
The San Antonio Wheelmen thank you for sponsorship. Through your support, we are able to deliver a positive impact on the community through local organizations like Earn-a-Bike.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Earn-a-Bikee?
Earn-a-Bike is an organization focused on preventing obesity related diseases and inspiring healthy life habits.
2. Who are the San Antonio Wheelmen?
For over forty years the San Antonio Wheelmen have been active in San Antonio providing cycling education, input into the city’s cycling services and infrastructure, law enforcement and EMT support and many other activities to benefit the community. The Wheelmen see the work of Earn-A-Bike as vital to contributing to the overall strength and well-being of not only the clients they serve but also to the community at large.
5. How can I help?
7. What equipment could I loan or donate to the Wheelmen 100?
We need canopies for rest stops and large ice chests.
8, Will my registration packet be mailed to me?
No. You will receive your registration packet at Texas Pride BBQ during the morning of the ride.
9. What happens to my registration fee if the ride is cancelled due to weather or due to the request of civil authorities?
If your registration is received before August 1st, 2018, you will have the option of donating your $45 registration fee to the Wheelmen 100 or receiving a refund. Registrations received on August 1st or later are donated to Wheelmen 100.
10. Can the course or ride finish time be altered during the ride?
We will monitor weather conditions on the ride route and will change the route or finish time if conditions warrant.